Seal in the annulus
Firstly, this is the way we would answer the question, “What is a Packer?”
Packers are deformable down hole CPL equipments to seal annulars. A packer seals down hole pressures inside or outside the tubing string.
Then, a packer sets in both upper and lower completions. Its primary function is creating isolation. Either in injection, or production set up.
Firstly, we have 1 of the sturdiest isolation packers in the oilfield. Secondly, You can deploy Saltel packers as part of an integrated completion. Thirdly, our packers mix plastically deformed steel with composite rubber. In the end, this provides an effective annular seal. It ensures a robust and permanent annulus barrier.
Nowadays, oil well packer manufacturers through openhole isolation must cope with demanding downhole needs. By the way, the OH zone isolation segment needs field-proven efficiency. Indeed, with smart completions and Extended reach, the market is changing. So is the annular well packers patch. Openhole packers are more and more needed for annular isolation. Well-completion designs are getting more complicated.
What is a Packer (@Saltel)
On top of that, wellbore environments are getting harsher. Indeed, techno advances increased needs for versatile isolation tools. In other words, clients want better sureness in modern oilfield.
Saltel Industries strives to meet these challenges. We settled rigorous testing and cutting-edge expertise.
ISO 14310 and API19OH are part of these.
Regardless of wells completed with fluctuating pressures. And regardless of horizontal wells with HP stimulation. Saltel hydraulic openhole packer meet the need.
Complete your wells with expandable Steel Packers.
Firstly, we always innovate to keep up with new challenges.
Secondly, we have dual expertise.
Plastic deformation of steel.
This expertise offers field-proven oil and gas packers for well completions.
Hence, our portfolio covers the following applications:
- Short-term isolation for high-pressure stimulation.
- Annular cement integrity / cement backup.
- Permanent annular zonal isolation.
Expandable Steel Packer – The permanent zonal isolation barrier
Saltel Expandable Steel Packers are permanent steel annulus barriers. Saltel packers act as baffles to isolate selective zones in the annular for numerous purposes.
- To prevent fluid or gas migration in the annular in long-term zone isolation.
- Split reservoir intervals into sections to fracture selective stages or particular production purposes.
- Segment pay zones into productive subsections. This, is before acid treatment or other stimulation processes.
- Act as a plug, in association with cement, in Plug and abandonment (P&A).
- Reinforce the annular cement integrity in cement backup set up.
- Allow cementing above lower completion or loss zones.
Effective Packer isolation with pressure compensation.
To conclude, Saltel metal packers are annular barriers in all cases. These barriers ensure effective zone isolation. Zonal isolation is achievable thanks to packer sleeve thickness. Likewise, pressure-rated valves also balance the differential pressures. This pressure compensation is possible in 2 different scenarios.
- ‘Across’ (annulus-to-annulus).
- Or ‘in-out’ (annulus-to-casing).