Case Study: Successful stage cementing with Saltel ECP
A 2-well campaign was conducted using Saltel Industries Expandable ECPs.
The client encountered frequent losses zones while drilling and needed to perform onestage and two-stage cementing operations.
The Packers had to be set either in Cased or OpenHole and needed to withstand difficult running conditions in deviated wells and under gauged holes. The possibility to rotate and put weight on the packer during RIH is therefore essential.
SES ECP is a proprietary expandable steel packer specially designed for stage cementing applications. SES ECP 7in is a robust, simple and cost-effective barrier providing reliable ground for stage cementing operation.
- Simple setting process compatible with operator’s current string design and procedures
- Quick installation time
- Can be worked in doglegs or tight spots
- Can be rotated while RIH
- High sealing capability in cased hole or openhole
1st Well – Two-stage cement job
The 1st packer was successfully expanded in the vertical cased section of a deviated well at 300m - 984.2ft. Packer has been set in a 9-5/8in 36ppf casing (ID 8.921in). Cement has been pumped above the packer and circulated back to surface.
2nd Well – One Stage cement job
The 2nd packer was placed at the very bottom of the string for a one-stage cement job above a loss zone. The casing was worked for 6 hours attempting to go through under-gauge hole (String weight UP/SO, 70klbs/26klbs). When pulling the casing back to surface, the SES ECP showed no signs of deformation. It was run back and successfully set in nominal 8-3/4in Openhole (with potential washout).
- Compatible with any stage cementing configuration
- Robust design allows RIH in under-gauge hole
- Simplified running & setting
- No risk of premature expansion
- Cement successfully pumped to surface