Saltel Expandable Steel Standard Casing Patch
Saltel standard casing patch Patch is a permanent solution used to repair a zone of damaged tubing or casing, to shut-off unwanted perforations, to seal a leaking sliding sleeve or other remedial operations. This expandable short length of tubular consists of high-quality stainless steel with an elastomer outer skin and a profiled sealing system, the Saltel standard casing patch Patch is run on tubing, drill pipe, or coil tubing. At depth, the Patch is expanded using a high-pressure inflatable packer and pushed against the casing to activate the outer seals. The setting tools are extracted to leave a pressure-resistant inner lining inside the well.
The Down Hole Expansion Tool (DHET) is positioned inside the Expandable Steel Patch. The inflatable packer section is then inflated enough to grip the inside of the Patch (not enough to start expansion). The assembly is Run In Hole to the setting zone. The packer is inflated using pressure from surface to expand the top of the Patch, anchoring it in place. The packer is then deflated, run in 3 ft / 1 m, and the next section is expanded. This is repeated as often as necessary until the full length is expanded, and BHA is pulled back to surface.
- Life of the well solution
- Seal effectively in oval, out of gauge or irregular borehole
- Repair damaged or corroded casing
- Seal off leaking couplings or separated pipe
- The high expansion ratio enables running the Patch with a large clearance, avoiding sticking problems while running in hole
- A real time setting controller verifies the ID of the set Patch during the operation. Any anomaly can be immediately detected and corrected.
- Tubulars primarily made from 321 stainless steel
- Outer skin in hydrogenated nitrile (HNBR) profiled to ensure a good seal
- The Patch will set effectively in any intermediate diameter within its range
- Seals effectively even with ovalisation up to 25% in casing
- A second patch can be run through a previous Patch and set below (except in heavy weight casing / thick Patch, see products specs)
- Leave large ID access to the well below for most standard tools
- Production Optimisation
- Water, Gas & Sand shut-off
- Modifying injection profiles Well Maintenance & Repair
- Casing & Tubing Repair
- Parted Casing
- Screen repair Completion Repair
- Frac ports
- DV tools
- Sliding sleeves