Saltel Xpandable Steel External Casing Packer
Saltel Steel External Casing Packer is based on proprietary expandable stainless steel technology. It is designed to expand and create a steel barrier between casing and borehole for zonal Isolation, one-stage cementing or off-bottom cementing.
The steel packer expandable sleeve is expanded between the casing and the borehole by applying pressure in the casing. It conforms to the real shape of the wellbore. The sealing with the borehole uneven surface is achieved through a patented thin layer of bonded elastomer.
- Control the pressure applied by the packer on the formation in order to provide a good seal while not creating a high stress point
- Avoid thermal contraction of the packer when injecting fluids at a temperature lower than formation temperature
- Seal effectively in oval, out of gauge or irregular borehole
- Expansion on demand: at low pressure – no waiting time
- Allow running in while rotating