Saltel Industries have developed and qualified a new range of products available under 200°C/392°F working conditions, from 4-1/2 into 13-3/8 in casing sizes.
Saltel High temperature casing patch is a permanent solution used to repair a zone of damaged tubing or casing, to shut-off unwanted perforations, to seal a leaking sliding sleeve or other remedial operations. This expandable short length of tubular features high-quality stainless steel tube combined with an elastomer outer skin and a profiled sealing system. Saltel high-temperature Patch is run on tubing or drill pipe. At depth, the Patch is expanded using a high-pressure inflatable element and pushed against the casing to activate the outer seals. The setting tools are then extracted, to leave a pressure-resistant inner lining inside the well.
Setting temperature limited to 150°C (300°F).
Saltel High Temp Patch is based on the Standard design modified to use high-temperature elastomer.
- Life of the well solution
- Fit for thermal wells up to 392 DegF [200 DegC] continuous temperature. Short term resistance to 480 DegF [250 DegC] Standard ISO 14310 qualified up to 480 DegF [250 DegC]
- Seal effectively in oval, out of gauge or irregular borehole
- Repair damaged or corroded casing
- Seal off leaking couplings or separated pipe
- Fit for geothermal applications
- Up to 200°C (392°F) continuous temperature
- Short term resistance up to 250°C (480°F)
- A real-time setting controller verifies the ID of the set Patch during the operation. Any anomaly can be immediately detected and corrected.
- The Patch will set effectively in any intermediate diameter within its range
- The high expansion ratio enables running the Patch with a large clearance, avoiding sticking problems while running in hole