More than 140% increase in oil production with Saltel Patch in DRC
The client, one of the largest independent oil company, expected to shut off 7in casing perforation sets producing gas, over 15 wells on an onshore oil field in a remote area in Central Africa.
The Gas produced was originally used for artificial lift purpose (Natural Gas Lift & Artificial Gas Lift) and the client decided to switch artificial lift method from gas lift system to Sucker Rod Pump (SRP) system. For this, they required Saltel Patches in 15 wells, to shut off casing perforations, which were producing gas from the Turonian formation.
- Isolate gas producing Turonian formation
- Isolate existing perforations in the 15 wells with Saltel Patch
- Cost savings: Switching from gas lift to SRP mechanical activation would enable stopping gas compressors on the tank farm, meaning strategic opex cost savings
Fifteen 7in Slimline patches, with variable lengths (adjusted locally) as per client needs. A 14-month campaign completed in 5 mobilizations.
Successful campaign using Saltel Patch to reduce opex cost isolating gas production in 15 producer wells.
- No accident recorded during the Casing Patch Campaign.
- No down time due to Saltel Industries.
- All the patches were successfully set.
- A global increase of 148% in the production was observed on the 15 wells
- Turonian successfully isolated
- +148% increase in oil production
- Drastic opex cost savings
Get access now to the full Case study, fill the form below