Xpandable isolation packer technology
Openhole isolation is challenging, especially with irregular borehole geometries. Xpandable isolation packers meet numerous zonal isolation requirements while ensuring robustness during RIH, Rapid installation, and immediate and effective sealing.
- Isolation packer between inflow control devices (ICDs) - Isolate watered out zones, reducing water inflow and get better control of the well production
- Isolation packer allowing selective Acid stimulation - Isolate compartments between sleeves during acid stimulation
- Isolate loss zones & enable secondary stage cementing above the isolation packer
- Reservoir compartmentalization - Isolate the unwanted sections of a reservoir and produce from the payzones only, to increase production rates
- Ensure high pressure resistant annular barrier prior shale fracturing operations or above screens with Saltel Steel Packers. high pressure steel barrier to seal the annulus while the cement is setting will prevent crossflow or channeling, support the cement to keep it in place, eliminate any gas migration, and help to centralize the casing. A steel packer run on the casing can be expanded into the wet cement to eliminate these potential problems and ensure cement and annulus integrity.
- Open hole ball-drop multi stage fracturing. Openhole isolation is challenging, especially with irregular borehole geometries. With the high flow rates used during hydraulic stimulation, the temperature can drop in elastomer sealing elements, causing thermal contraction and leaks.
- Annulus backup to primary cement - Annulus cementing is essential as a primary well barrier to secure the environment, and ensure the efficiency of high pressure stimulation operations below. Efficient primary cementing can be difficult, particularly when there is potential crossflow, a tight borehole, or a risk of gas migration