Workover is an important part of the field development costs
Well intervention and workover operations performed are for maintenance purposes to keep production levels up and for remedial objectives. Operators mainly carry them out on oil or gas producing wells at any step of their productive life. These oilfield maintenance operations aim at optimizing oil or gas production and keeping it to satisfactory levels. Well intervention operations mean essential investments in the life of the well. They represent a fundamental part of the total field development costs, indeed. Reducing these development expenses with cost-effective alternatives is a good option for increasing Field Economics.
A Casing Patch for Well Intervention
Well intervention: Saltel Xpandable Steel Patch working principles
Well intervention operations mean high Value-Added Services to exceed your current and future downhole requirements.
Saltel Industries offers a remedial solution for perforation shut off. Our technology uses a thin-walled Patch run on the tubing or drill pipe. The Patch allows large ID access to the well below (for packers, tubing anchors). It seals effectively and holds significant differential pressures. The patch is conveyable with drilling or workover Rigs, Snubbing units, or Coiled tubing. It is expandable downhole, in situ. It creates a high-pressure inner lining inside the casing. The Patch was initially for perforation shutoff. Now it is also suitable for repairing short lengths of a damaged or corroded casing. Saltel Xpandable Patch meets several downhole requirements, among which you may find the following applications:
New Completion Repair Applications
- Completion module repair
- ICDs repair and Damaged Frac Port or Leaking DV Tool Repair, with Saltel Expandable Steel Patch
Mature well applications
- Leaking Collar or damaged coupling repair with Saltel Expandable Steel Patch.
- Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- Perforations shutoff.
- Water shut off with Saltel Expandable Steel Patch.
- Gas shut off with Saltel Expandable Steel Patch.
- Modifying injections profiles.
- Perforations shutoff.
- High-Temperature Remedial applications.
- SAG-D Remedial interventions with Saltel Expandable Steel High-Temperature Patch.
- CSS Remedial interventions with Saltel Expandable Steel High-Temperature Patch.
- Standard Completion Repair Applications.
- Corroded casing Repair with Saltel Expandable Steel Patch.
- Damaged tubing Repair with Saltel Expandable Steel Patch.
- Sand screen Repair with Saltel Expandable Steel Patch.
- Remedial Cementation Integrity (If a squeeze job is required, a complimentary patch can serve to isolate perforations after the squeeze job. The squeeze job can be successful in providing a cement barrier. In addition, the Patch will seal off the perforations. It will also protect the cement from both fluids and pressures in the wellbore. Therefore, the Patch will help securing the casing integrity).
Well intervention with Xpandable Casing Patch: the cost-effective alternative to Workover
Well Intervention with Saltel Patch prevents not only from blow outs and collapse of the damaged strings, but it also eliminates or drastically reduces the need for a major well workover. Let’s take one of our case studies about well intervention in Algeria (Tubing Repair with Saltel Patch): “The workover of the CR13 tubing string would have been very expensive and a tubing patch was the most reliable and cost effective solution.”
Xpandable Steel Patch technology
Saltel Expandable Steel patch is a permanent solution to repair a zone of damaged tubing or casing, shut off unwanted perforations, seal a leaking sliding sleeve, or perform other remedial…