Close off existing perforations and re-perforate in different zones
Many conventional wells are completed and perforated, in both production and injection wells. During life of well the required profile is likely to change as fluid levels vary, and the production enhancement techniques modify the downhole parameters. It may become necessary to close off existing perforations, re-perforate in different zones, or modify injection profiles. Sealing unwanted perforations can eliminate unwanted and expensive water production, optimize the Enhanced Oil Recovery techniques used, reduce gas production, or avoid cross flow (communication between 2 reservoirs).
Saltel Xpandable steel Patch technology can be used when converting a producing well into an injector (or vice-versa). Saltel Patch enables:
- restoring casing integrity, holding internal differentials 15,000 psi
- Quick, efficient, and reliable isolation
- Large ID. Leaves access for running tools or drilling ahead
- repairs completion modules (ICDs, sand screens, frac ports)
- Always seals, regardless of casing condition, well loss or ovalization