Saltel annulus casing packers are expandable steel barriers isolating annular sections
Saltel packers are stainless steel annulus casing barriers to isolate annulus sections.
Combining plastically deformable steel sleeves with composite elastomer skin guarantees an effective annular seal. It also ensures a robust and permanent annulus barrier.
Saltel packers enhance cementing operations to guarantee a perfect annular integrity.
In such cases, Saltel external casing packer seals annular sections in cement insurance scenarios. (Sometimes in conjunction with cement stage tools)
- Single stage cementing (Saltel Xpandable* – ECP – External casing packer).
- Multiple stage cementing (Saltel Xpandable* – ECP).
- Off-bottom cementing (Saltel Xpandable* – ECP).
- Cement backup (Saltel Xpandable* – ECP).
Xpandable Steel Packers can also operate in the following applications.
- To isolate fracturing stages during openhole ball-drop multistage fracturing operations (Saltel Xpandable* – Frac Packer).
- For long-term annulus zonal isolation requirements.
- Reservoir compartmentalization (Saltel Xpandable* – AZIP – Annular Zonal Isolation Packer).
- Acid stimulation (Saltel Xpandable* – AZIP).
- Plug and abandonment (Saltel Xpandable* – AZIP).
See also in Slb oilfield glossary
Case Study : Zonal isolation with Saltel Steel AZIP – Venezuela
Zonal isolation with Saltel Steel AZIP The AZIP isolated unwanted annular section in the well…