Saltel external casing packer or annulus zonal isolation packer is an expandable steel barrier that isolates annulus sections.
Saltel annulus casing packer is a stainless steel annulus casing barrier that acts as a seal in the annulus to isolate injection or production compartments downhole.
The combination of a plastically-deformable stainless steel sleeve with a composite elastomer skin guarantees an effective annular seal. Once installed, the annulus casing packer also ensures a robust and permanent annulus barrier.
Saltel packers enhance cementing operations and guarantee a perfect annular integrity.
In cases of cementing applications, Saltel external casing packer seals annular sections for cement insurance scenarios. (The packer might be installed in conjunction with a cement stage collar)
- one-stage cementing (Saltel Xpandable* – ECP – External casing packer).
- Multiple-stage cementing (Saltel Xpandable* – ECP).
- Off bottom cementing (Saltel Xpandable* – ECP).
- Cement backup (Saltel Xpandable* – ECP).
Xpandable Steel Packers might also operate in the following applications.
- To seal fracturing stages during openhole ball-drop multistage fracturing operations (Saltel Xpandable* – Frac Packer ).
- Long-term annular zonal isolation requirements.
- Reservoir compartmentalization (Saltel Xpandable* – AZIP – Annulus Zonal Isolation Packers).
- Acid stimulation operations (Saltel Xpandable* – AZIP).
- Plug and abandonment applications (Saltel Xpandable* – AZIP).
See also in Slb oilfield glossary.
Case Study : Zonal isolation with Saltel Annular Zonal Isolation Packer – Venezuela
Saltel Annular Zonal Isolation Packer isolates unwanted annular section Saltel Annular Zonal Isolation Packer isolated…