Xpandable Patch High Temp
Saltel Xpandable Patch High Temp
Saltel Industries have developped and qualified a new range of products available under 200°C/392°F working conditions, from 4-1/2 in to 13-3/8 in casing sizes.
Saltel High Temp Patch is a permanent solution used to repair a zone of damaged tubing or casing, to shut-off unwanted peforations, to seal a leaking sliding sleeve, or other remedial operations. This expandable short length of tubular is made from high quality stainless steel with an elastomer outer skin and a profiled sealing system. Saltel HT Patch is run on tubing or drill pipe. At depth the patch is expanded using a high pressure inflatable element, and pushed against the casing to activate the outer seals. The setting tools are then extracted, to leave a pressure resistant inner lining inside the well
Setting temperature limited to 150°C (300°F).
Saltel High Temp Patch is based on the Standard design modified to use high temperature elastomer. The extremities are covered with a mix of Fluoroelastomers FEPM and FKM.
- Life of the well solution
- Fit for thermal wells up to 392 DegF [200 DegC] continuous temperature. Short term resistance to 480 DegF [250 DegC] Standard ISO 14310 qualified up to 480 DegF [250 DegC]
- Seal effectively in oval, out of gauge or irregular borehole
- Repair damaged or corroded casing
- Seal off leaking couplings or separated pipe
- Fit for geothermal applications
Features & benefits
- Up to 200°C (392°F) continuous temperature
- Short term resistance up to 250°C (480°F)
- A real time setting controller verifies the ID of the set Patch during the operation. Any anomaly can be immediately detected and corrected.
- The Patch will set effectively in any intermediate diameter within its range
- The high expansion ratio enables running the Patch with a large clearance, avoiding sticking problems while running in hole