SES WI AZIP
Saltel Expandable Steel Well Integrity Annular Zonal Isolation Packer
The SES-WI-AZIP is based on proprietary expandable stainless steel technology and provides a ”life of the well” steel annular integrity. The steel packer expandable sleeve is expanded between the casing and the borehole by applying pressure in the casing. Sealing is achieved through either a thin layer of bonded elastomer (a) or dynamic seals mounted between steel rings (b).
Both end fittings are fixed-fixed and are crimped to the casing in order to preserve the full casing ratings. The end fittings serve as protection to the expandable sleeve while running in the well. Rotation is possible while running in, full casing characteristics are maintained. The expanded sleeve also acts as a centralizer to the casing string once expanded.
The Well Integrity expansion valve is initially opened to allow the fluid communication between the casing and the SES-AZIP sleeve to expand it. Once activated, the valve system permanently closes the communication between the casing and the expandable sleeve. The valve is V0 rated up to the burst and collapse ratings of the base casing. It can be activated by reaching a pre-determined pressure level (pressure rupture weak point) or after a predetermined duration (degradable element). Once activated, the valve system also opens a fluid communication between the inside of the expandable sleeve and the annulus. Pressure compensation inside the sleeve allows operating in higher differential pressure environments.
- ISO 14310 qualified Up to Casing rating gas tight V0 internal to external casing pressure
- Up to 7,500 psi (51.7 Mpa) V3 differential pressure - tailored to the application
- Capable of sealing with no leak cycling temperature from Standard 250°F to 70°F (121°C to 21°C) HT 320°F to 120°F (160°C to 48°C)
- Life of the well steel packer
- Avoid thermal contraction when injecting fluids at a temperature lower than formation temperature
- Seal effectively in oval, out of gauge or irregular borehole
- No waiting time: the AZIP expands on demand and immediately seals after the expansion pressure is applied
- Control the pressure applied by the packer on the formation in order to provide a good seal while not creating a stress point
- Eliminate extra connections or reducing the casing ID and maintain casing rating • Allow to run in while rotating
Features and Benefits
- Gas tight (V0) qualified - internal to external up to casing rating
- V3 qualified up to 7,500 psi (51.7 Mpa) with thermal cycling
- Crimped on the casing - allowing for all casing weights and materials
- Low reactivity to temperature thermal cycling and temperature fluctuations
- Seals effectively in oval, out of gauge or irregular borehole
- Open hole and cased hole packer
- Connections threads available on demand
- Burst and collapse rating equivalent to casing rating