SES Hi Temp Patch 335°C (635°F)
Saltel Expandable Steel High Temp 335°C (635°F) PATCH
SES High Temp 335°C (635°F) Patch is a permanent solution to repair a zone of damaged casing or casing couplings specially designed for Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS) wells. This expandable short length of tubular is made from high quality Nickel Alloy to resist severe temperature and corrosion conditions.
The steel is covered with an expandable packing sealing made of Graphite and High temperature PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene). This material selection enables it to seal effectively at low and high temperature with different mediums such as water, vapor and nitrogen.
At depth the Patch is expanded using a high pressure inflatable packer, and pushed against the casing to activate the outer seals. The setting tools are extracted to leave a pressure and temperature resistant inner lining inside the well.
Qualification through 10 thermal cycles between 60°C (140°F) and 335°C (635°F) with vapor, water and nitrogen demonstrates their ability to repair CSS wells or geothermal wells.
• Graphite has excellent thermal and chemical stability up to 600°C (1100°F) and will ensure a “life of the well” seal in contact with any fluid in the well.
• PTFE/graphite compound with a high thermal expansion ratio which improves the whole sealing system efficiency through thermal cycling
Setting temperature up to 75°C (170°F) (Please consult us for higher temperatures)
SES Hi-Temp Patch 335°C / 635°F is based on the Standard Saltel
Expandable Steel Patch design, modified to use High Temperature Sealing Material.
• Life of the well solution
• Fit for CSS applications, qualified up to 335°C (635°F)
• Seal effectively in oval, out of gauge or irregular borehole
• Repair damaged or corroded casing
• Seal off leaking couplings or separated pipe
• Fit for geothermal applications
Features & benefits
• Up to 335°C / 635°F environment with excellent corrosion resistance
• A real time setting controller verifies the ID of the set Patch during the operation. Any anomaly can be immediately detected and corrected.
• Leaves large ID access to the well below.
• High Pressure resistance.