SES E WI AZIP
Saltel Expandable Steel Electronic Well Integrity Annular Zonal Isolation Packer
The SES E-WI-AZIP System is an instrumented version of the WI-AZIP to
- Confirm the packer correct setting and
- Measure Annulus Pressure and Temperature during all the life of the well.
The SES E-WI-AZIP is based on proprietary expandable stainless steel technology and provides a ”life of the well” steel annular integrity. The steel packer expandable sleeve is expanded between the casing and the borehole by applying pressure in the casing. Both end fittings are fixed-fixed and are crimped to the casing in order to preserve the full casing ratings.
The Well Integrity expansion valve is initially opened to allow the fluid communication between the casing and the SES AZIP sleeve to expand it. Once activated, the valve system permanently closes the communication between the casing and the expandable sleeve. The valve is V0 rated up to the burst and collapse ratings of the base casing.
The electronic system is initially powered by a battery to allow for data recording. Data are measured and saved in a memory as long as the battery is on.
Data are retrieved with a wireline tool. Valve position, pressure inside the AZIP vs. time curve (expansion signature) or annulus conditions can be downloaded at high rate as long as the batteries are on. A wireline run performed just after the setting procedure therefore confirms the packer expansion and correct setting.
However the life expectancy of the batteries is often limited to several years in downhole conditions. The wireline tool also features a second mean of communication (Low Frequency) able to operate through several casing layers and to - power up the electronics - retrieve data at low rate and perform instantaneous pressure and temperature measurements.
Features and Benefits
- Gas tight (V0) qualified - internal to external up to casing rating
- V3 qualified up to 7,500 psi (51.7 Mpa) with thermal cycling
- Crimped on the casing -
- allowing for all casing weights and materials
- Low reactivity to temperature thermal cycling and temperature fluctuations
- Seals effectively in oval, out of gauge, or irregular borehole
- Open Hole and Cased Hole Packer
- Electronics compatible with standard casing materials and weights (K55, L80, P110, 13Cr...)