Saltel Expandable Steel Annular Zonal Isolation Packer
The SES AZIP is based on proprietary expandable stainless steel technology and provides a ”life of the well” steel annular integrity. The steel packer expandable sleeve is expanded between the casing and the boreholeby applying pressure in the casing. Sealing is achieved through either a thin layer of bonded elastomer or dynamic seals mounted between steel rings.
Both end fittings are fixed-fixed and are crimped to the casing in order to preserve the full casing ratings. The end fittings also serve as protection to the expandable sleeve while running in the well. Rotation is possible while running in, full casing characteristics are maintained.
The expanded sleeve also acts as a centralizer to the casing string once expanded.
The expansion port can be equipped with a valve system naturally closed from the inside of the expandable sleeve to the casing ID. It increases the differential pressure rating across the packer and prevents the expandable sleeve from collapsing.
SES AZIP can be used for Zonal Isolation, Acid stimulation, Cement integrity and many other applications.
• ISO-14310 qualified Up to 15,000 psi (51.7 Mpa) V3 differential pressure - tailored to the application
Capable of sealing with no leak cycling temperature from Standard 250°F to 70°F (121°C to 21°C) HT 320°F to 120°F (160°C to 48°C)
• Life of the well steel packer
• Avoid thermal contraction when injecting fluids at a temperature lower than formation temperature
• Seal effectively in oval, out of gauge or irregular borehole
• No waiting time: the AZIP expands on demand and immediately seals after the expansion pressure is applied
• Control the pressure applied by the packer on the formation in order to provide a good seal while not creating a stress point
• Eliminate extra connections or reducing the casing ID and maintain casing rating
• Allow to run in while rotating
Features & Benefits
• V3 qualified up to 15,000 psi (51.7 Mpa) with thermal cycling
• Crimped on the casing - allowing for all casing weights and materials
• Low reactivity to temperature thermal cycling and temperature fluctuations
• Open hole and cased hole packer
• Connections threads available on demand
• Burst and collapse rating equivalent to casing rating
Materials compatible with HP/HT & harsh